- Medi-Cal provides medical, dental, and vision insurance to low-income families in California. Apply for Medi-Cal
- Who Is Eligible for Medi-Cal?
- Adults who are parents or caretaker relatives that have any children under 21 years of age living in your home
- Children birth through age 20
- Undocumented children and young adults can receive coverage for emergency or pregnancy-related services
- For full-scope Medi-Cal, citizenship or legal residency is required
- Medi-Cal covers dental services that are provided through Denti-Cal. To obtain a listing of Denti-Cal providers, call 1-800-322-6384 or visit the main Denti-Cal website.
- Contra Costa's drop-in Public Health Immunization Clinics are open one afternoon each week in Brentwood, Pittsburg, San Pablo, and Concord. Click here for more info.
Food Assistance for Families
- CalFresh is California's food stamps (SNAP) program. Apply to get up to $204 a month per household member on an EBT card. Apply for CalFresh
- Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano - Find Food in my City
- Food for Children Program - A program of the Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano – for questions call 855-309-3663
- School Meals - The USDA offers programs that provide children with nutritious school breakfast and lunch at reduced cost or for free. Learn more about the National School Lunch and Breakfast programs. Download the School Meals Program to learn more about Contra Costa County school food programs in your local district.
Head Start Program
Maternal Mental Health